Finally i have finished with the last changes in JavocSoft Android Toolbox Library and it is ready on the GitHub repository!. As a brief:
- There is more functionallity through a lot of new methods.
- Notifications have been updated to last Android code 5.0+. NotificationCompat is used so now, all posibilities of a notification are implemented (actions, progress bar, priority, visibility and more).
- GCM Module is updated with the new notifications posibilities allowing to customize more the notifications.
I am still preparing Google Maps v2 integration to put a map in your application with a few lines of code, i hope i can put more time in this to finish it.
I put here the detailed changes:
- ToolBox, Notifications:
- Finally, migrated to NotificationCompat builder 🙂
- Now the notification title, ticker, content info and large icon can be customized.
- Priority and visibility implemented, for Android 5.0+ API Level 21+.
- Implemented big style expandable notification for Android 4.1+ (API Level 16+).
- Implemented notification actions for Android 4.1+ (API Level 16+).
- Implemented, for Android 4.0 API Level 14+, notification progress bar (determinate & indeterminate).
- A new class ToolBox.NotificationProgressBarRunnable has to be extended to create your own long term process.
- Implemented RemoteViews in notifications.
- Method notification_generate is maintained for backwards compatibility (it uses also NotificationCompat).
- New method notification_create that allow to customize completely a notification.
- ToolBox, Added some more utility methods:
- media_getBitmap (looks, in order, for the resource in Drawable -> Assets -> Raw -> URL)
- Some media methods to get bytes from a resource image.
- GCM Module now supports:
- All ToolBox notification changes. Note: Priority is set to DEFAULT and visibility to PRIVATE.
- Customization parameters (all these parameters should be set in the data object when delivering the notification to
the devices in GCM) are:
- Added a new TextView component (widget) that allows to show HTML tags.
- Added a JSON Gson proccesor instance. It gives you a singleton with pre-configured gson processor for a normal process, and, if desired, the possibility of use an excluding «transient» attribute JSON processor and also one excluding properties without the Exposed annotation.
- Added official PRNG Fix class to Android with API level minor or equal to 18 (Jelly Bean) for JCA or OpenSSL PRNG.
- BUGFIX. In some devices (depending also of Android version) the flip effect runs laggy. Added a a new flipTransition method that allows to specify to check if the current device is one of reported laggy devices (like LG G3 or Nexus 5). In case is a laggy device, depending of the parameter «enableFadeForLaggyDevices» a fade effect is used as animation instead the desired flip or no effect is applied if set to FALSE.
- BUGFIX. crypto_getHASH() function. Hash was not correctly generated.
- BUGFIX. Fixed a bug that made the recived text not be showed correctly if character encoding was not latin.
- BUGFIX. GCM. Fixed an issue with the event of Notification received. No context was returned. This could make an application to crash if used.
- BUGFIX. Toolbox. Fixed device_getOSversion. Returned info was wrong.
As i said, these are a lot of changes because i have been implementing all notifications related stuff and quite busy at work so i could not publish until today. I think now the libreruy is more useful. I now that i still have to improve some points but i am already in it so have patiente.
As always, I hope these changes could help you a bit more than before.
Do not forget to check the blog to get the Maps integration update!
More info and HowTo at https://github.com/javocsoft/javocsoft-toolbox/wiki.
As always, library is available on GitHub