Today a new version of the library JavocSoft Android Toolbox have been released, in this case with a new module that integrates the Google Drive API. This allows to use Google Drive within your applications in a really easy way. I wanted to add this to the library long time ago but until a few weeks i could not start doing it.
To know how to use it and more goto https://github.com/javocsoft/javocsoft-toolbox/wiki#google-drive.
As a brief, the list of operations that the new module for Google Drive allows are:
- Create a file (with the posibility of creating it in the secure application folder).
- Search for files.
- Get a file given its name or title
- Get the file contents.
- Pin a file (this makes Google Drive to store a copy of its metadata locally in the Device).
- Trash/Un-trash a file.
- Be notified when a file changes (see TBDrive#addFileChangeListener() and TBChangeListener.java)
- Subscribe to file changes (notifications are received even if the application is not running. See TBDrive#subscribeToFile() and TBDriveEventService.java).
- Commit/Discard changes to a file (also be notified when Google Drive servers finish applying changes, see TBDriveEventService.java)
- Get file contents as an String.
- Append/Replace text to a file.
- Get a DriveFile object from an encoded DriveId string.
As always, I hope these addition could be useful for your applications.
Do not forget to check the blog to get more updates!
More info and HowTo at https://github.com/javocsoft/javocsoft-toolbox/wiki.
As always, library is available on GitHub